Sunday, September 19, 2010

September 19, 2010

September 19, 2010
For the last month as I have been organizing plans to head to Australia for the breeding season I have had the feeling that it might not work out.  Mostly because I have not heard much from the office lady in response to most of my emails about what I need to do to get my visa.  Turns out she was sending emails to a wrong address.  Long story short, they were planning on me getting a working holiday visa for which there is little paper work and no waiting period.  Unfortunately, the working holiday visa only is available for 18-30 years of age.  Since I am older, I would need to be sponsored, registered as a vet in Victoria, and several other steps that I haven’t been receiving because the emails were being sent to the wrong address.  So last week I got an email from the office lady giving me a couple options.  I could come as a visitor and they would pay for the plane tickets, housing, and living expenses but couldn’t legally pay me a salary.  The other option is that I could come down sometime in the future when the many steps to get a visa could be done in a timely manner and I could stay for a longer period of up to 12 months.  I let her know that I would love to stay in touch and hopefully arrange a time when I can come and stay for 12 months if it works out for me and them.  I really don't know if it will ever happen but I guess worst case scenario if I finish here in a year I have an option in Australia.
I was relieved in some ways because I am really happy here in Vegas and would really hate to miss the NFR.  It became pretty clear to me shortly after I graduated high school that I would really never be able to compete in the NFR so it would be a once in a lifetime opportunity to be in the NFR as the arena Veterinarian.  I hope to be able to do that for at least one of the performances.

No comments:

Post a Comment