Tuesday, June 29, 2010

June 29, 2010

Man has it been hot! The thermometer in the pickup truck says 110*F! I went up the canyon yesterday to see a horse that was down and when the temp dropped to 90*F it felt cool like I may need to jacket. Today I was able to run a nasogastric tube in a horse with colic due to a gut full of sand. It is a really big problem here as well as enteroliths that form due to the sand out here. I also performed a peroneal/tibial nerve block on a horse that is really lame in the hind limb. Other than that it hasn’t been too exciting. I have been doing the 1AM treatments on the poor rope horse that fell out of a horse trailer. Tomorrow, Dr Garth called and told me if we have time we will do some joint blocks so I need to study up the land marks and techniques. He has also asked me to breed a mare with frozen semen for him this weekend if she needs it. I will need to scan her a bunch to track her cycle progress. I actually haven’t done a lot of that though I have seen it done a lot. Dr Kevin also needs me to track his mares this week/weekend because he has had them on Regumate and is wanting to breed them which I potentially may need to do as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment