Thursday, July 1, 2010

July 1, 2010

It was only around 95* today...at 8:30 AM. I bet it reached 108* or so at peak afternoon. It felt hotter than that standing out in the sun squeezing a liter of fluids in to a neurologic mustang stallion. The poor horse was not very tame in the first place and he had no idea where he was placing his feet. He looked some what like you would see with a West Nile Virus infection though you would think it difficult for a mosquito to survive out here in the desert. Apparently they do because they had to confirmed cases last year. It is a good thing the horses back home have been vaccinated. This horse had been down most of the day struggling to stand. It was interesting to see his frustration at his in ability to do the simplest things like get up or down or even move away from us like he would have liked to do it was clear when you looked in his eye. He still had the desire to be in control but his brain would not make his legs do what he wanted. He would grind his teeth in frustration and bite at whatever was near him like buckets, fences, even your boots if you were near enough. It wasn’t in a mean manner it was more because he was really irritated and just mad that he wasn’t himself.
I decided the old Honda needed a muffler if I was going to keep it. This morning the receptionist told me I left my lights on. I went out and the tail lights were on but not because I had left the head lights on. It was more like the car thought that it needed to have its brake lights on. I pulled the fuse so that the battery wouldn’t die. At lunch I looked into it and found the switch on the pedal had a plastic piece that had crumbled and fallen to pieces on the floor mat. I tried to find the part at autozone but they had no idea where I could get such a part. It was cleat that I was going to need to McGuyver a solution. I placed a penny on the brake arm secured with ducktape and it seemed to do just the trick. No doubt the extreme heat played a part in the crumbling plastic because I bet it reaches 150* in that poor car during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment